Friday, January 8, 2010

2001 Chevy Lumina - hard to get to the oil filter to change. Do I have to jack the car up?

Just bought a new (used) 2001 Lumina. My old truck, I could change the oil filter easy. Do I have to jack up the car and get underneath to change the oil filter? Advice, webpages, or links would be helpful.2001 Chevy Lumina - hard to get to the oil filter to change. Do I have to jack the car up?
Sure most cars require you to lif them up so that you can get under and to the Oil Filter as wells as the Drain bolt... make sure it is a steady and stable lift...if you are just using a jack... a set of stands are a good idea too or...





Might be best if you spend $20 and get a set of cars ramps... i have them and they are much easier to use when i need under my truck and car.





best wishes!2001 Chevy Lumina - hard to get to the oil filter to change. Do I have to jack the car up?
unless you are very small, yes you need to jack the car up. it's easy to get to but it jacked up a bit to get underneath it. My husband is a Mechanic and i got this answer from him

No comments:

Post a Comment