Friday, January 8, 2010

Why would the oil filter on my Saturn Vue be so loose?

I was driving my 05 Saturn Vue last night and the oil light came on. I check the engine and it appeared oil was leaking around the upright filter area. The filter seemed very loose and I was able to turn the filter with my hands, which should be impossible given its location. I changed the oil over 2000 miles ago myself and I am sure the filter was properly tightened down. What could have caused it to loosen up like that? The engine was about two quarts low.Why would the oil filter on my Saturn Vue be so loose?
its possible they gave you the wrong filter.sometimes the filters get mixed from one box to another due to diff in price -replace filter with a new one'


check for old gasket on base .clean area well .aplly cat of oil to new gasket before you tighten. once started ck for leaks


after driving ck for leaks.good luck!Why would the oil filter on my Saturn Vue be so loose?
check for a stuck gasket from old filter/still on the housing

No comments:

Post a Comment