Monday, April 26, 2010

How do you remove the oil filter from a 1995 suzuki gsxr 750?

I have the filter unscrewed from the engine, but I cannot get it free from the small area between the engine and pipes. I downloaded a manual on the oil change: removed lower fairing...check! removed oil pan bolt and drain old oil...check! unscrew oil filter and drain...check! remove filter and replace with new filter...I'M STUCK!!! HELP!How do you remove the oil filter from a 1995 suzuki gsxr 750?
I'm not saying this is your issue, but it could be. On my old GS850 the Kerker aftermarket pipes made it so you had to loosten them up before you could take off the filter. It was a terrible design. With the factory pipes it would have been tight, but the Kerker made it impossible.





Like the other poster said though, it may just have some special little trick that will leave everything coated with oil.How do you remove the oil filter from a 1995 suzuki gsxr 750?
Be patient and try different angles. On my 1100 I have to turn the filter so the opening faces down (dumping the oil on the header so it smokes for the next twenty miles). They got it in there, it has to come out.
if the pipes are in the way, loosen or take them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment